Experience the Sardine Run out of Port St John's
10-night / 9-sea day Expedition.
Thursday, June 20 to Sunday June 30
Sunday, June 30 to Wednesday, July 10
Wednesday, July 10 to Saturday, July 20
Saturday, July 20 to Wednesday, July 30
Arrive King Shaka International Airport - Durban, own arrangements. Please ensure you arrive in Durban before 11h00 as the road transfer to Port St John's departs King Shaka International Airport - Durban at 12h00 sharp. The road transfer from King Shaka International Airport - Durban to The Creek Lodge - Port St John's is about a 5/6 hour road transfer. It is not advisable to travel this road after dark due to cyclists, pedestrians, and stray animals on the road. Overnight at The Creek Lodge on a dinner bed and breakfast basis.
Nine full days at sea on the Sardine Run, weather permitting. Breakfast is between 06h00 and 06h30. At 06h30 you transfer from The Creek Lodge to the dive boat and @ 07h00 you will launch the boat for the days Sardine Run activity. A packed lunch is provided on the boat. Depending on Sardine activity, you will return to Post St John's at about 14h00. On "no sea days", due to bad weather, there will be land-based activities to keep you busy. On sea days, you will return to the Lodge between 15h00 & 16h00. Rest of the afternoon free. Dinner is served @ 19h00. Overnight at The Creek Lodge on a fully inclusive basis. Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner, accommodation.
After breakfast, you will depart The Creek Lodge for the 5/6 hour return road transfer to King Shaka International Airport – Durban to arrive at the airport at about noon to connect with your outward flight. If you are booking on onward flight yourself, please do not book a flight out of King Shaka International Airport – Durban before 14h00. End of services.
|Cost||Per Diver Sharing||Per Single Diver|
|Port St John's||ZAR 48 760||ZAR 51 760|
- Return road transfer from King Shaka International Airport- Durban to The Creek in Port St John’s. (Noon pick-up’s and drop-off’s)
- 9 days at sea, weather permitting
- 10 nights’ accommodation.
- All dinners at The Creek.
- Packed / picnic lunches on the boat on all sea days.
- Continental breakfasts.
- Daily transfer from The Creek Lodge to the launch site.
- Microlight / Ultralight aerial spotter plane.
- Tanks, weights, and air-fills.
- Services of experienced skipper and DM.
- International and domestic air into and out of King Shaka International Airport – Durban.
- Hire of dive equipment as follows:-
- Pair of fins for the duration of the expedition @ ZAR 400.
- Hire of a mask and snorkel @ ZAR 400 for the duration of the Expedition.
- Hire of a pair of booties @ ZAR 400 for the duration of the Expedition.
- Hire of a pair of gloves @ ZAR 400 for the duration of the Expedition.
- Hire of a BCD @ ZAR 800 for the duration of the Expedition.
- Hire of a regulator @ ZAR 800 for the duration of the Expedition
- Hire of a wetsuit @ ZAR 800 the duration of the Expedition.
- Hire of full dive gear @ ZAR 3 300 for the duration of the Expedition.
- Lunches on day 01 and day 11.
- Items of a personal nature.
If Dive The Big 5 or its agent deem the weather not suitable to venture to sea on a given day, then no refund will be given.
It is entirely up to the skipper to decide if it is safe to launch the boat. If he does decide to launch the boat, and weather condition worsen as the day wears on, to the point where it is unsafe and dangerous out at sea, it is the skipper's decision, and purely the skipper's decision, to return to shore. No refunds will be given.
Should a client choose not to venture out to sea, even though the skipper deems it safe to do so, no refund is due.